Socioeconomic and Cultural Integration Projects
Hand in hand for women is a non-profit association that works for women's rights, equality and the integration of newly arrived women in Sweden. The association organizes various projects for the women about the integration and development of newly arrived women in Swedish society. It is an important point for the women that newly arrived women must be able to support themselves in Sweden. Almost every third woman born outside Europe is outside the labor force, and the employment gap between women and men who immigrated to Sweden is increasing. We want that immigrant women must receive at least as much support as immigrant men in order to have more space in the labor markets in Sweden and we will use our skills and powers together to get them. Now Hand in hand for women has started a new project with a focus on socio-economic and cultural integration, where we, by cooperating with cultural integration activities, contribute to creating democratic conditions for newly arrived women. Hand in hand for Women encourages newly arrived women to support themselves by using their skills and experiences and to become active in Sweden's labor market, therefore the association will start on this Creative Women's movement to newly arrived women's economic freedom.
We want to warmly welcome all creative newly arrived women who want to join us in order to have their own economic power in the labor market in Sweden.
The name of this project is Creative Women and it applies to you if you are a newly arrived woman and want to learn a little more Swedish and you could not integrate into society but you have skills and experience in various crafts.
• The project aims to achieve its goal by establishing a women's cooperative. In the project, the women call themselves "Creative Women".
• The creative women have started to work and develop their crafts from home, and then sell their crafts and earn their money in different places.
• Hand in Hand for Women has created various craft groups which are Knitting, jewelry, sewing, home interior decoration, eco-friendly group, cafe & food, instruments via Whatsapp.
• The creative women have used whatsapp to write and discuss with each other and they sometimes meet physically to discuss all the details of their handicrafts.
• The creative women challenged themselves by exhibiting and selling their craft products at the Handicraft Festival at Stockholmsmässan in Älvsjö for the first time. Although these women have different cultural backgrounds and skills, they have the main characteristic: they want to be active in social society in Sweden and the Creative Women believe in changing the future with the power of women. You are welcome to follow our social offices on Instagram & Facebook.
• As the next step, the Creative Women will open a Christmas market with their handicrafts on 16–18 December in Skärholmen centre. We would like to invite you to visit and see Creative Women's work at Skärholmen's centre.
• In this Creative Women project, maybe you too could realize the goals of your dreams, learn more about crafts and in the long run have financial freedom by selling your handmade goods.
• It is now us as Creative Women who stand up to get more opportunities! We stand up to encourage and strengthen women to become active in Sweden's labor market and to reduce the employment gap between immigrant women and men.
Do you want to be with us to have your own economic power on the labor market in Sweden?
Come and join us in our craft movement that is "Creative Women"!
Would you like to be active with your craft work and skills in social society?
Do you want to collaborate with many creative women who are passionate about working with different types of arts and crafts in the project?
If so, feel free to fill in this form to participate in the Creative Women project.